Friday, September 14, 2012

Moving Day

For those of you who haven't done a government move before, I should explain how awesome it is: You get to sit back and do nothing while about 5 men pack up everything in sight.

Sounds great in theory, but I have a hard time not complicating things. This is our 3rd (and last) military move, so by now I've learned a few things-don't leave trash in your bin or it's coming with you, put silverware in ziploc baggies so you don't have to wash them on the other end of the move, tape up kids' puzzle boxes, etc. When we arrived in NC and then again in OR, I opened all of the boxes and thought "man we have a bunch of junk!" And I can honestly say most of it is M's. He has more clothes than I do. The man had a DRAWER and a HALF devoted to socks. Socks! He is more sentimental than I am, so he hangs on to more...junk.

When I ask M to go through some of the things, he gets rid of a handful of things. So I got smart in Oregon-every few months I would announce that it was time to get rid of more stuff. We are at a much more manageable level of junk now, I can proudly say.

But all that doesn't come without complications. We have spent about 5 solid days prepping for the move-I wanted two bedrooms to be basically empty so we could clean behind the movers. I wanted to clean before the movers got here. I wanted to organize things better than I really ever have. So M and I busted our butts (while B took advantage of having unregulated control over the Wii of course!)

I am SO ready for the move to be over. Then we get to spend 3 and a half days trying to drive across the entire country while the puppy and I alternate between potty breaks, since baby seems to have a love of my bladder lately.

I know we're still getting to know each other, but I must take a break and talk to y'all next week. Wish me luck!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment